Established Date:Effective January 12, 2012
President Tetsuro Masunaga
Cosmology Ltd.hereinafter referred as ("Cosmology"), a Japanese advertisement distribution company, is committed to will complying with Japan’s theAct on the Protection of Personal Informationlaw on the protection of personal data ("Personal Data Protection Act"), and all other regulations and guidelines related to the protection of personal data. Under this private policy, (the “policy”), created according to Japan’s Personal Data Protection Act, Cosmology will protect the privacy and security of all Personal Data collected and use the data according to the guidelines below.
1. Information Collection and Use
Under Japan’s Personal Data Protection Act, Cosmology is committed to inform all customers and users (the “owner”) of the purpose for the personal data being collected and stored, and consent must be obtained prior to the use of the data collected. If the purpose for the personal data collected changes, the owner will be informed and the owner’s consent must be obtained once more before use of the data.
2. Purpose of Personal Data Collected and Stored
Use of personal data collected and stored is as follows:
Personal Data collected on customers and business partners
- Business contact purposes, Contract purposes, and other management purposes
- Invitation to events organized, etc., and other contacting purposes
Personal Data collected for inquiry related purposes
- to provide accurate answers, sending information or materials, and other contacting purposes Personal Data collected from customers using Cosmology’s service
- Service provision purposes
- Contacting the customer
- Optimizing Cosmology’s advertisement distribution services by using personal data such as customer’s age, profession, gender, hobbies and preferences, etc.
- For research and development purposes in order to improve Cosmology’s service
3. Discloser of personal data collected to Third-party
As a general principle, disclosure of personal data to a third party will be limited to the cases listed below.
-When the owner’s consent is obtained
- When it is necessary due to laws and regulations
- When the personal data is necessary in order to save the human life, protect their body or asset, and it is difficult to obtain the owner’s consent
- When it is necessary to improve public sanitation/health or it is necessary to promote the healthy growth and development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the owner’s consent
- When government institutions, local public organization, or any other parties delegated to carry out certain duties under the Japanese laws and regulations require the owner’s cooperation, and there is a possibility that obtaining the owner’s consent will hinder the performance of the party’s duties
- When it is necessary only to the extent of achieving the purpose for collecting and storing personal data stated in the policy
4. Management of Personal Data
Cosmology is committed to safely store and manage all personal data collected according to the purpose of use given at the time of collection
All personal data collected will only be stored up until the purpose of use given at the time of collection is fulfilled. After the purpose is fulfilled, the information will be erased and discarded immediately.
When managing the personal data collected and stored, Cosmology is committed to take the necessary safety precautions to prevent the loss of personal data held, leakage, tampering, damage, unauthorized access, etc.
5. Internal measures regarding personal data security
A personal data manager is designated within Cosmology in order to assure the security of personal data collected and stored. In addition, Cosmology is committed to educate all employees (including contract employees, subcontractors, etc.) according to the “policy”.
6. Management of Outsourcing Venues
When all or part of the personal data held is outsourced, Cosmology will take the necessary precautions in selecting the outsourcing venues, and a Non-disclosure Agreement will be signed with the venue in order to assure the personal data disclosed will be safely managed.
7. Disclosure of personal data, revision, etc.
When the owner requests Cosmology to disclose, revise, etc. his or her personal data Cosmology collected, Cosmology will act promptly in proceeding with the personal identification processes.
8. Accidents related to the management of personal data
In the unlikely event that an accident related to the management of personal data (leakage or outflow of personal data) occurs, Cosmology will immediately investigate the cause upon notification, and the results of the investigation will be published. In addition, appropriate measures will be taken to prevent the same accident from reoccurring.
For any claims against the management of personal data, Cosmology will make an effort to resolve the owner’s dissatisfaction as quickly as possible
10. Continuous improvement of “the policy”
Cosmology will continue to review and improve the policy, and Cosmology’s internal rules and regulations based on the policy in order to accommodate any revisions related to laws and regulations or changes in business contents.
11. Personal Data collected and stored prior to the policy’s date of effect
For all personal data collected and stored prior to the policy’s date of effect (January 12, 2012), Cosmology will take the necessary safety precautions in managing the personal data collected, and continue to use the data only for the purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
12. Procedures for data disclosure, claims, consultation, etc.
For disclosure of personal data stored, claims, and consultation, etc. as well as other comments and questions, you can contact us through the inquiry form below.